Services We Offer
Industries We Serve
Top 10 Social Media apps in the UK
Thursday March 14, 2019
Social media apps have gone to a new level all over the world but in 2018, we were able to witness its enhanced form in the UK market.
As per the analysis, there were more than 85% of the adult population that spent their time on snapping, gaming, tweeting and even moving from one channel to another.
In simple words, the majority of people spend time on social media apps whether it is for business marketing or even for personal time.
The statics states directly that there has been an immense increase in the overall social media usage in the UK over the years.
Here are the topmost 10 social media apps that are famous in the UK.
There is no doubt that Facebook has spread-out widely with the increase in popularity in the past few years. As per the analysis, there are more than 30 million users in the UK that actively use Facebook on daily basis.
This makes it the wide user base with 75% of the male user and 85% of female users along with the ratio of urban to rural goes like 80% to 77%.
- The topmost feature of Facebook is that it allows an individual to share and update a post and status on it on the timeline.
- It helps in increasing the connectivity of throughout the world irrespective of location.
- It also helps in keeping a track of events that might be occurring around the area.
- This also has a social plugin that allows one to easily comment on other’s site such as pages etc.
- Personal details are another aspect that is covered on Facebook that is visible to the public if the settings allow it.
It is a great way to be connected with people all around the world with the total user depending on it. However, if we only talk about the UK ratio than more than 15 million users are active on Twitter.
On top of that, this number is not of the recent year but of 2013. After that, there has been an increase in the total Twitter users without a doubt.
- The platform is similar to Facebook that allows one to keep a track of other activity.
- The main difference between this platform with Facebook is that if one is following an individual then they can easily check on their updates.
- It allows live streaming of videos as well that gives a live update to the users about an event and individual.
- The faster and lighter UI makes it easy for users to work on the whole setup whether it is retweeting or replying in real-time.
- The latest update of Twitter gives a new feature to the users preventing cyber bullying and harassment on the social
- There are options such as mute option, notification filtering, time-out, reporting transparency, safe search, preventing abuse, hiding abusive tweets, etc.
In the year 2016, it was claimed in the UK that over 20 million people use LinkedIn on daily basis. Out of which, 33% are always online through the day or even at a time.
However, there was no estimation made after that but since then there has been an increase in the overall percentage of users on a wide range. The users are hitting millions in number over time.
- This professional social networking site allows users to get in touch with other professionals.
- It is one of the major platforms that help professional to stay connected and even find new jobs online.
- There are also features that help in hiding out the connection to ensure security and privacy for users.
- In addition to this, in the latest update, one can even export the connections with a contact management system for topmost security.
- It is easy to work add, delete or update the skills sets on a profile along with endorsing it for relevant employers.
This is one of the most popular video hosting platforms that is used by 40 million adults. This count makes it the second most used social media app among others as per the analyses of 2017.
It was observed that there are over 5000 videos watched by the population of 18 to 24 years old on an average.
- This platform allows a user to easily check out the video among other features.
- It also has other features such as searching for the video and even saving it offline.
- Not every video can be saved in the offline mode since some are not available to it.
Just like Facebook, Instagram has managed to have huge popularity with people. In 2017, there were approximately 700 million people that were using the platform a lot.
This ration increases with 200 million every year with a clear scope of the data usage. It becomes even more interesting with the involvement of the majority of people that with time.
- It is another form of a Facebook platform that has made it easy for an individual to share photos, videos, etc.
- This also has story features in which one can easily share the stories format with others. These features are also adopted by Facebook later on.
- One can also handle multiple accounts on Instagram making it easy to have personal and page account.
Over the year, many people had an issue while wondering on the working of Snapchat. However, Instagram and Facebook copied its core feature and included in their application have given it immense
The companies are working on the advancement with the addition of the major features such as video songs etc. However, in 2018, many people signed a petition due to flow IPO that makes it reverse all of the designing parts.
- This is a feature that allows a person to make their video or click a picture to chat with others.
- There is a different face lens that is used in Snapchat that makes it easy for them to have multiple options to have a snap.
This is another of the social media site that is famous with approximately 200 million users in a month. This has increased the number with time and every month more than 50% of people add on to the platform.
- In this feature, one can easily pin the pictures on the profile to make it accessible for others.
- One can also share it and make it possible for them to easily keep the checklist such as wedding ideas or home interior decorations.
Another application that is similar to Pinterest but is a little different is also a major part of the UK social media life. It falls at the 10th rank in the social media usage with the social networking and micro blogging options available for users.
- In addition to this, it also have the option of sharing photos, videos, photos, links, audios, etc. making it a lot more popular.
- It also a wide platform that is well-known for finding anything whether it is related to fashion or cuisine.
- This will look similar to other websites due to a large number of blogs available on the platform but is a bit different from the different options added to it.
- Even for the company aspects, industries in the UK are depending on it with the micro blogging options.
With the ranking of 8th position, Reddit is among one of the major social media platforms that are used on a huge level.
- The front page of the internet is an amazing platform that offers us services such as discussion, adding an image, links, asking the question and even voting for the relevancy.
- One can consider it as forums that are known as subreddits with an engagement between users that helps in going to a whole new level.
It is one of the major platforms that is used all over the world. The social networking element that is added to online In addition to this, it is free of cost for posting or even reading an article that makes it easily accessible to anyone.
- There are a few articles that are only for the premium members and others only get sneak peek of it.
- Apart from this, it is also a common platform where one can easily republish their blogs of the original content to increase the audience reach. This helps the marketer to have a strong online presence with the right set of rules and regulations without hampering the image of the company.
- It also helps with pinning down the views of the audience easily on a large platform allowing people to revert their views on the articles.
These are the major social media apps that is extremely famous in the UK and in coming years will have a major impact on the personal and professional lives of individuals.
The UK might be taking its time in adapting to all the social media apps but slowly it is taking a leap.