Finally, you decided to go out on your own: to build your startup idea. But how can you find best app developers who will meet your requirements?
Hiring the ideal developer or team to create your app is one of the most difficult issues that practically every entrepreneur experiences during the initial phases of their startup.
If you are a techie, great, but if you are not, that’s fine too.
To properly execute your startup ideas, you will need a team of dedicated app developers.
Mobile applications are expected to produce $693 billion in income through app stores and in-app advertising by 2022. Furthermore, in the same year, workplace mobility is expected to be valued at $510.39 billion.
While many businesses are seeking to capitalize on this trend, many do not understand how to properly design an app. These growth expectations might become a reality for your company if backed by a properly managed mobile app development process.
In order to develop an app efficiently, the process includes six steps. In this post, we’ll go over each of these stages in detail.
There are six major phases involved in developing an app, regardless of the type of project you intend to create. By breaking the project down into these major phases, you will be able to design your app more quickly and efficiently.
1. Idea 2. Design 3. Development 4. Testing 5. Launch 6. Marketing
1. Idea:- When you’re thinking of app ideas, do some research on them and answer a few questions about them. What problem does this software solve? Who is the ideal customer? Why are these characteristics important? Do your competitors have apps that are comparable to yours?
2. Design:- The next step is to develop a user interface (UI) that guides the user through the app. You need to create an app that has an easy-to-use interface, with a clean and engaging appearance that provides an enjoyable user experience. To be effective, your application must be simple to use for your users and have essential features relevant to the area you target. Furthermore, ensure that your app developers understand the importance of information systems and workflows. Specifically, what permissions will the app ask for from users, and how will the user journey flow for a new user who downloads the app? The process of creating a prototype at this stage is crucial in order to visualize the app’s design and flow.
3. Development:- In most cases, the development process begins quite early on. In fact, once an idea has reached a certain level of maturity in the conceptual stage, a working prototype is prepared in order to test assumptions, validate functionality, and determine what the project scope should be. The app passes through a lot of stages as it develops.
4. Testing:- Test your app to determine how well it works, if there are any malfunctions, and what you can improve. Every development cycle includes a quality assurance. During app development, various types of testing are done. Performance and functional tests are conducted to make sure the app works properly, is fast, and has the ability to handle the load. In usability testing, mobile apps are tested on various devices to see how they render on various screen sizes to ensure the user experience is optimized.
5. Launch:- You may release your application on platforms such as the Apple App Store and Google Play Store after it is bug-free and ready to use. Choose a schedule for a formal launch. The policies for launching an app varies between apps store. Also, keep in mind this isn’t the final moment. The development of an app does not end with its release. Having your app used by users will lead to feedback, and you will need to incorporate those comments into the app in the future. Your app will need constant updates and new features. Most often, the development cycle restarts as soon as the first version of the app is released. Ensure you have the resources to keep your product running. Aside from the financial investment required to create a digital product, keep in mind that it is a long-term commitment.
6. Marketing:- Come up with a marketing plan that will attract people to download your app as well as provide feedback on how to enhance user engagement. Various social media platforms, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, as well as many more can be used to promote your business.
The processes mentioned above assist mobile app development companies in creating innovative applications with important features in a systematic manner, allowing them to provide ideal apps to their clients without difficulty.
Hiring an app developer according to various models
Here are some models you can use to hire the best developer now that you know several things to consider before hiring a developer.
1. Outsourcing 2. In-house team 3. Freelancer
You cannot continue to hire various freelancers for different app development phases, since this would result in a lot of irregularities and re-learning on the developer’s part in order to progress your application towards the next phase. The end product might not even be the ideal application you could have made for your company. As a result, if you want a proper solution for your app development process but cannot afford to pay their wages in-house, you may rely on Development Labs.
Development labs are professional companies that employ a team of developers who will work on your specifications and provide an application to you. They handle their operations and free you of the burden of learning the subtleties of managing projects. You will wind up paying more money compared to the freelance option, but the risk will be substantially reduced because they will have prior app-making expertise.
2. In-house team:-
Startup companies that decide to hire developers in-house to build their applications can expect to pay a lot of money. They have to hire local full-time developers with regular salaries and other perks along with the cost.
Training is expensive and requires additional time and resources. An office and infrastructure are also required.
Furthermore, not every developer is enthusiastic about keeping up with the latest trends. It may result in a scarcity of talent with a particular skill set. As a result, you must bring in the necessary skill, and you must pay a large sum of money to do so. You will also need to have established systems and processes in place to ensure effective, high-quality work.
When it comes to finding app developers to hire for startups, this is a more cost-effective option to hire app developers. You can collaborate with experts from all around the globe by hiring a freelance app developer, and they charge much less than in-house developers.
While there are many benefits to working with freelance developers, there are some drawbacks, such as language barriers if you’re from another country, problems coordinating and staying on top of the project if your time zones differ, and the possibility of abandoning a project halfway. The most important factor, though, will be trust-building, as you will be sharing your startup ideas with someone you have never met before.
Taking the hiring decision is indeed the ultimate decision
Hiring a developer for your startup would not be an easy task. There will be several hurdles to overcome before you find the proper resource. The first is to locate a developer who is skilled in various programming languages and software platforms. The second stage is to decide whether to hire an internal resource or seek assistance from other sources. There are several advantages and disadvantages of engaging an inside resource vs outsourcing the project to an outside company or freelancers.
Once you’ve decided, you may go on to deciding the location from where you’ll recruit developers. The cost of hiring and retaining developers will vary based on where you recruit them.
Clarify your company’s goals and needs before you decide to hire an app developer.
You need to understand the challenges to know if developing an app can solve them.
To develop an app, choose the most appropriate source.
Determine the platform you want to create your app once you know the objective.
iOS or Android app?
You need to hire the right app developer according to the platform you want to make the app.
Check the development team’s educational background and experience
You should discuss with the team of developers and understand the education and experience that they have and which platform they are experienced in. The professional should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field course.
You can get a sense of what to expect from the app developer based on their education and experience.
Have a look at their portfolio
It is helpful to look at the previous projects that the developers have developed in order to assess their skills and capabilities. Gain knowledge about their app development experience and gain insight into the apps they have developed previously.
A well-written portfolio could also provide you with information about their skill sets and more. It can highlight all of the details of their completed projects. So, with this level of detail, you can get a much clearer picture of how the app developer’s team works.
Some of the key aspects to hiring an app developer in India
End-to-end service: Getting end-to-end services Idea, Design, Development, Testing, Launch, Marketing from Indian app developers can save your time and money, as you can get a complete mobile app development team in one place.
App developers with good expertise: The most significant advantage of outsourcing mobile app development to India is the availability of a vast number of professional mobile app developers with skills. It can overcome any challenges, allowing you to acquire a unique app in a short amount of time and at a reasonable cost.
Good quality Assurance: Most clients from all over the world deal with Indian mobile app development firms for a variety of factors. One of the primary reasons for outsourcing mobile app development is the cost of developing the app. App developers in India would always demand a reasonable fee for their services. Even if the cost is lower, they will never compromise the final product’s quality.
Low cost: When compared to other major countries, the cost of hiring app developers in India is relatively low. With enormous technical expertise and flexible working hours, you can outsource your app development project to skilled and experienced app developers to get app development solutions on the new tech at a lower cost.
No difficulty in communication: Because India is the world’s second-biggest English-speaking country, mobile app developers will have excellent communication abilities. They will communicate in English, so there will be no language barriers. Hiring app developers in India would also allow you to get 24-hour customer assistance based on your needs.
Fewer difficulties in legal procedures: Hiring developers online in India is simple since it entails fewer legal procedures and reduces legal difficulties by outsourcing your project to a reliable IT firm. Which will give you mental calmness and stability.
The responsibility of completing the legal procedure and handling all of the documentation required to begin your project will be handled by the firm. However, it is equally critical that you check all of the paperwork before signing the agreement.
In India, most of the software companies are ISO certified. The certification shows the quality standards of the company. Considering ISO certification, clients prefer considering Indian app development companies.
Why hire an Outsourcing product developing over In-house team and Freelancer
Finding and hiring an app developer is vital if you plan to build a mobile app for your business startup. The quality of the product, the amount of money you spend, and the amount of time you spend on the project will all depend on the developer you hire.
Hire a development team rather than an individual considering companies are much more accountable, have teams, backup plans, and can manage numerous technologies and responsibilities (like design, front end, backend, and so on).
Using an agency offers its own set of advantages. You can count on them to deliver an app on schedule and properly test it (as they have dedicated QA teams). Freelancer, on the other hand, maybe less expensive, but it may not offer agency advantages. The crucial disadvantage is having to deal with communication as well as project management, which is likely to be quite challenging.
Those with an app vision sadly fail to choose the right development company to hire skilled developers. The purpose of this article was exactly to solve this issue. We hope you have received the answer you were looking for. We have ensured to include how to hire an app developer, the different ways to hire, and which is the best amongst them, along with the benefits of hiring outsourced app developers.
To summarise, before hiring app developers for your product development, you must determine whether to outsource it, hire a freelancer, or an in-house team. The choice will be based on your requirements and specifications. These methods will assist you in selecting a credible app development team and locating one for your product development.
If you have a brilliant idea but also have difficulties developing it, Redbytes Software is here to help you convert your app idea into reality and assist you in simplifying your development process.
Have the vision to create the next great app? Then, Redbytes is here to help you convert your app idea into reality. Whether you are a start-up, a consumer market company, or a well-established company, we can provide you with the right blend of expertise and resources.
We are a leading mobile and software development company that collaborates with startups, consumer markets, and established companies to evaluate, develop, and launch innovative products. We assisted several entrepreneurs in transforming their firms by supporting them in growing fast.
The “Water Scrum Fall” process, which we use for agile mobile app development, focuses on flexible planning, client involvement, design, development, testing, deployment, risk management, and continuous evaluation. Redbytes has a team of highly skilled project managers, UX experts, business analysts, and versatile software engineers who are experienced in developing apps for all major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.)
3 Hardman Square Spinningfields, Manchester M3 3EB, UK firstname.lastname@example.org +44 7799 722298 (UK)